GLOBAL GREEN TO SCALE
Scaling up just 17 low-carbon solutions globally can go a long way towards closing the emissions gap.
WHAT IS IT ABOUT?
The Finnish Innovation Fund Sitra teamed up in 2015 with leading institutions from 10 countries to answer a simple question: how far could we go simply by scaling up already proven low-carbon solutions? The Green to Scale Global project combined innovative analysis with active communication. The results show how implementing existing low-carbon solutions can take us a long way in tackling the global climate crisis.
Masdar Institute and Finnish Think Tank Sitra’s ‘Green to Scale’ Report Highlights 17 Solutions to Cut Global Emissions by One QuarterPublished January 20, 2016
Finland can be bigger than its size at the Paris Climate ConferencePublished November 27, 2015
17 Soluções Existentes para Lidar com Alterações Climáticas Poderiam Reduzir as Emissões Globais em 25%Published November 25, 2015
The potential of scaling up proven low-carbon solutions: Final reportPublished November 18, 2015
The global Green to Scale project (2015) involved distinguished institutions from around the world:
- Alberto Luiz Coimbra Institute for Graduate Studies and Research in Engineering, Brazil
- International Finance Corporation (IFC) of the World Bank Group
- Centro Mexicano de Derecho Ambiental (CEMDA), Mexico
- Ethiopian Development Research Institute (EDRI), Ethiopia
- Institute for Global Environmental Strategies (IGES), Japan
- European Climate Foundation (ECF), the Netherlands
- Stockholm Environment Institute (SEI), Sweden
- Masdar Institute, the United Arab Emirates
- World Resources Institute (WRI), USA
- Renmin University of China, China
- UNEP DTU Partnership, Denmark
- Sitra, Finland.