The competition ended 15th of August 2013.
To enter the competition, you simply send an e-mail to the address firstname.lastname@example.org. Such a message can be informal, and must include an indication of the competition category for which the entry is being submitted.
For inclusion in the competition, entries must be submitted by 15 August 2013.
- Anyone can participate in the competition (except personnel of Sitra).
- Those submitting entries may have participated in some other competition during the same year.
- Those entering the competition will keep all copyrights to the entries.
- The game user interface can be implemented in Finnish or English.
- We hope that the entries utilise the data available in one of the open and free Finnish data sources.
Publication of the entries
- Competitors can enter the competition by sending a presentation of the entry – either as a video or slideshow (e.g. in Powerpoint, PDF or Google Docs format).
- Apps for mobile devices must be downloadable from the apps store for the device in question, by the last entry date of the competition.
- In the case of entries that cannot be run with generally used web browsers, at least one of the presentations attached must be a video describing how the application works. Such applications include, for example, operating system-specific loadable mobile or desk apps.
- A presentation in video format should be attached to each entry in each category. More than one presentation per entry can be sent.
- During the implementation phase, entries must be freely available and downloadable for the duration of the competition, and for two months after the competition has ended.
1st prize EUR 25,000
2nd prize EUR 3,000
3rd prize EUR 1,000
1st prize EUR 15,000
2nd prize EUR 5,000
3rd prize EUR 2,000
In addition, the winners will be given the opportunity to participate in the health sector conference Health 2.0 in Silicon Valley, courtesy of Sitra.
The jury of the Gesundheit 2013 competition consists of:
- Kiti Müller, Finnish Institute of Occupational Health
- Tero Ojanperä, Vision+
- Petteri Koponen, Lifeline Ventures
- Tiina Zilliacus, Gajatri Studios
- Juha Tuominen, Terveystalo
- Madis Tiik, Sitra, chairman of the jury
- Marja-Liisa Viherä, citizen
- Paul Suni, technologist from Silicon Valley
- Tapio Tuomi, Sitra, secretary of the jury