Accessibility is a statutory requirement under the Act on the Provision of Digital Services and EU Accessibility Directive. The provisions under these regulations apply to all digital services provided by public-sector organisations. This accessibility statement applies to Sitra’s website, sitra.fi, and the content we publish through the website. We published the accessibility statement on 22 September 2020 and launched sitra.fi on 1 March 2017.
We constantly educate our employees and partners about accessibility. In 2020, we have developed and will continue to develop our website to make it more accessible.
Accessibility on Sitra’s website
At the moment, most of our website content is accessible. A list of items that do not yet meet the requirements and a timetable for improving their accessibility are presented below.
Iframes do not have titles and alternative texts (WCAG 1.1.1). We will add the titles and alternative texts by 31 October 2020.
Event tables include headings that are not used in a correct order (WCAG 1.3.1). We will change the heading levels in the event tables by 31 October 2020.
Naming of the recruitment form
The Sympa recruitment system form field is not named (WCAG 1.1.1). Sympa will name the form field by 31 October 2020. Before that, you can also send us an application via email (email@example.com).
We have made every effort to publish the attachments published after 23 September 2018 in accordance with the accessibility requirements. We have especially focused on making the PDF files more accessible, particularly in the summer of 2020. If you notice any lack of accessibility in our attachments, please give us feedback by filling the feedback form below.
Contents that are not within the scope of the legislation
The website also features some content that does not fall within the scope of the legislation and is not fully accessible. These include the following:
- video and audio recordings published before 23 September 2020,
- attachment files published before 23 September 2018,
- live streams that are not stored for more than 14 days after their publication,
- online content archived before 23 September 2019,
- content published in the service by users or other external parties that is not produced, funded or supervised by Sitra.
We have utilised the following assessments, tests and surveys on our website to assess and improve its accessibility:
- Accessibility assessment carried out by Annanpura Oy, Association of the Visually Impaired, 17 September 2019
- Accessibility analysis conducted by media agency Frantic (LLC) in the autumn of 2019
- Continuous accessibility testing with the Siteimprove tool beginning on 1 January 2020
- Sitra.fi visitor survey on the user-friendliness of the website – January 2020.
Feedback and contact information
We want to continually improve the accessibility of our site. If you have a development proposal or have noticed a lack of accessibility on our website, please let us know by filling the feedback form in below. We will try to respond as soon as possible, within 14 days at the latest.
If you notice a lack of accessibility on Sitra’s website, please first send your feedback to us, the site administrator. If you are not satisfied with the response you have received, or you do not receive any response within two weeks, you can submit a notification to the Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland (in Finnish or Swedish). The page of the Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland contains a detailed description of how the notification can be submitted and how the matter will be handled.
Contact information of the Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland:
- Website: saavutettavuusvaatimukset.fi (in Finnish or Swedish)
- Email: saavutettavuus(at)avi.fi
- Telephone number (switchboard): + 358 (0)295 016 000.