Citizens' Role in Mitigating Climate Change and Reducing Green House Gases
Individual citizens play a significant role in reaching the targets set in the Paris climate agreement. But what can individual people do? How can they work out their carbon footprint? This session includes an introduction to the Citizen’s Pledge initiative as well as information on concrete tools and lifestyle choices that make the biggest impact. The event is organised by Sitra and Climate Leadership Counciland it takes place at the New Nordic Climate Solutions Pavilion – Section DEL2, Blue Zone, COP22.
Read more about the event here!
18.15 Opening, Minister Kimmo Tiilikainen, Finland
18.20 Citizens role in climate mitigation, Daniele Violetti, Chief of Staff, UNFCCC
18.30 Citizens activation in Finland, Mari Pantsar, Director, Sitra
18.40 Panel discussion and best practise sharing
- Sharan Burrow, General Secretary, International Trade Union Confederation (ITUC)
- Yvon Slingenberg, Director ‘International and Mainstreaming’, DG Clima, EC
- Daniele Violetti, Chief of Staff, UNFCCC
- Lars Ronnås, Climate ambassador, Sweden
- Jens Frølich Holte, Political adviser to Norway’s Minister of Climate and Environment
19.40 Citizens Climate Pledge, Jouni Keronen, Executive Director, Climate Leadership Council
19.45- Opportunity to sign Citizens Climate Pledge in the Nordic Pavilion