At the first breakfast networking event, we have the pleasure to have Robin Gustafsson from Aalto University (Associate Professor of Strategic Management Department of Industrial Engineering and Management) as our guest speaker. He will talk about what are the unique properties of data as an asset, the value of a healthy data economy as well as advantages and opportunities of shared and open data for companies.
Meetings of Gaia-X Finland domain working groups are held mostly online and there are few occasions for members to meet in person. Furthermore, companies approach Gaia-X Finland because they are interested to know what the role of a Gaia-X Finland is and how to engage in the domain working group. The event is organized live and offers an opportunity for people to engage with one another and build connections.
Gaia-X is one of the European initiatives focusing on creating data infrastructure that is based on a transparent, open and secure digital ecosystem, where data and services can be made available, collated and shared in an environment based on trust.
Sitra connects actors in Finland who want to participate in defining the European data market and building a data-sharing ecosystem. Participating in the domain working group gives an opportunity
- to contribute to the common goals of the working group,
- to define business cases that bring in benefits, and to have Finnish companies actively building and shaping developments of the European data economy,
- to connect with people with similar interests outside one’s own working circle,
- to create partner networks ready to explore Gaia-X,
- to share information on Gaia-X developments in Finland and Europe,
- to identify and link projects within Finland and potentially form cooperation with European companies in data sharing and exchange of data based on jointly agreed principles and rules.
The breakfast networking events will be organized every two-three months. The topic will be covered in English and/or in Finnish.
Coffee and breakfast
Presentation from Robin Gustafsson, Associate Professor at the Aalto University
Discussion and networking