Scaling up the circular economy in cities
This side session will share lessons and best practices from eight Circular Economy Hubs from all over the world.
Introduction: Why is scaling up the circular economy in cities so important?
- Cities as the place of action
- Facts and figures
- Topics: buildings, energy, mobility, food, water, plastics and consumer goods
- Collaboration and actions from all stakeholders
Interactive round-table discussions:
How can we make cities more sustainable in developed and developing countries?
- Table 1: Actions from municipalities in developed countries (Zero Waste Scotland, INEC)
- Table 2: Actions from municipalities in developing countries (co-sharing ACEN, CEPA)
- Table 3: How can regions accelerate the circular economy (co-sharing Amsterdam Economic Board, Circular Friesland)
- Table 4: Actions from businesses (co-sharing OREE, EX4CB)
- Table 5: Actions from consumers (Circular Change)
- Table 6: The role of knowledge institutes (co-sharing Polish Circular Hotspot/Innowo, TCEN/TTRI)
- Table 7: The role of CE hotspots (HCH, Circular Norway)
- Table 8: Circular economy action based on the city doughnut (Circle Economy)
Panel with table moderators on the lessons learned.
Organisers: Holland Circular Hotspot, Circle Economy
Contact: Freek van Eijk, Director Holland Circular Hotspot, email@example.com, +31 65 1080 847
Date and time: Monday 3 June: 9.30-11.00
Venue: Veranda 4, Finlandia Hall
How to register: The event is full and the registration is closed. Please note that all side sessions are exclusively for WCEF2019 participants.
Deadline for registration: 30 May 2019