The best measures when the starting point of the discussion is a conflict
- Introduction to the topic. Explain your own point of view on resolving conflicts
- Establishing relationships. Briefly interview each party at the beginning of the situation. This way you can strengthen their trust in you and the situation.
- Questions. In advance, think about questions for structuring the situation.
- Concretising the turns to speak. If the parties easily interrupt each other, state whose turn it is to speak.
- Internal dialogue. If necessary, the leader can bring up what his/her own dialogue has been during the discussion situation. Ask, what kind of thoughts that evokes.
- Quality of the discussion. Ask how the participants find the quality of the discussion. Are the right issues talked about, and in the right way?
- Encourage tolerance to uncertainty. Bring up the fact that it is painful when things progress slowly and encourage parties to bear it.
- Assessing acceptance of disagreement. Ask the parties what level of disagreement they can accept.