- January 16, 2018 at 8:30 am - 12:00 pm
- Sitra auditorium, Itämerenkatu 11-13, Helsinki
Assessing climate impacts of investments and climate-related financial risks can be viewed from different viewpoints. Sitra will organise an event looking into these and to follow the release of the results of the climate impact screening of the companies listed on Nasdaq Helsinki in 2017.
Two interesting reports will be released in this seminar: Sitra and ISS-Ethix Climate Solutions present the results of the Climate impact screening of the companies listed on Nasdaq Helsinki, and WWF Finland, Mandatum Life and Sitra release their joint “Guide to Reducing Climate Risk in Investment Portfolio”. Report releases are followed by keynote speeches from Mercer and CDSB discussing the implications of the climate change disclosure from both investor and corporate perspective, and SEB will showcase their novel approach to integrating climate change into equity analysis and valuation processes.
Read more on the results of the report.
Event highlights and presentations
- Event opening with Henrik Husman (President of Nasdaq Helsinki)
- Report launch: A Guide to Reducing Climate Risk in Investment Portfolio
with Kaarina Kolle (Climate and Energy Officer at WWF Finland) and Carolus Reincke (Head of Multi-Asset Solutions at Mandatum Life)
- Report launch: Climate impact assessment of companies listed on Nasdaq Helsinki
with Maximilian Horster (Managing Director at ISS-Ethix Climate Solutions)
- TCFD recommendations: What, why and for whom – Implications to institutional investors
with Jane Ambachtsheer (TCFD Expert Group Member and Partner and Global Chair of Responsible Investment at Mercer Investments)
- Translating the TCFD recommendations into practical next steps
with Simon Messenger, (Managing Director at CDSB – Climate Disclosure Standards Board)
- Framing disruptions and stranded assets risks – Integration of material ESG factors into equity analyses
with Julian Beer (ESG Financial Advisor, Large Corporations & Financial Institutions at SEB), Jukka Honkaniemi (Senior Banker, Chairman of Large Corporate Sustainability Committee at SEB) and Anssi Kiviniemi (Equity Research Analyst at SEB).
Places are limited and will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. Please register here to confirm your participation. The event will also be streamed online here.
Download the programme and speaker profiles.