Nordic Green to Scale in Marrakech
Scaling up best Nordic low-carbon solutions to reduce emissions globally
How much emissions could be reduced, if best Nordic low-carbon solutions were scaled up globally? This high-level event presents the flagship report Nordic Green to Scale developed jointly with distinguished partners in all five Nordic countries. The report demonstrates that we already have many tools available to cut emissions, covering 15 best practice Nordic low-carbon solutions and their scalability and emissions savings potential.
The results of the Nordic Green to Scale study are presented by Sitra’s Senior Advisor Oras Tynkkynen, who has already been to 17 COPs since Kyoto in 1997. Other speakers contributing to the dialogue on green growth include
- H.E. Mr Kimmo Tiilikainen, Minister of Agriculture and the Environment of Finland
- Mr Ólafur Ragnar Grímsson, Former President of Iceland
- Mr Dagfinn Høybråten, Secretary General, the Nordic Council of Ministers
- Mr Jens Joel, Member of the Parliament of Denmark
- Mrs Mari Pantsar, Director, the Finnish Innovation Fund Sitra
- Representative of the Kingdom of Morocco (TBC)
The session is held on Wednesday 16 November at 13.15 – 14.45 at the Nordic Pavilion (Section Del2, Blue Zone) at COP 22 in Marrakesh. The event will also be streamed live at: http://norden.org/cop22/16-11/13.15.
The Nordic Green to Scale project continues the global Green to Scale study completed in 2015. This time, Sitra has teamed up with the Nordic Council of Ministers and distinguished institutions from other Nordic countries. Our partners include
- Center for International Climate and Environmental Research (CICERO), Norway
- CONCITO, Denmark
- University of Iceland Institute for Sustainability Studies, Iceland
- Stockholm Environment Institute (SEI), Sweden.