We are looking for a Leading Specialist to develop governance models and architectural solutions for data spaces. The position is fixed term, lasting until the end of June 2024.
Sitra is a future oriented fund providing forecasts on phenomena that will affect our future. We develop and explore new solutions and conduct open-minded experimentation together with different operators. Our vision is a fair, sustainable and inspiring future that ensures people’s well-being within the limits of the earth’s carrying capacity.
This is a unique opportunity to help shape the foundations of Europe’s data economy as part of the European Commission’s strategic flagship project, Data Spaces Support Centre. The project will create a framework for interoperable European data spaces.
Sitra is one of the consortium members of this project. Our aim is to ensure the engagement of Finnish operators in the European data economy and the implementation of fair data economy principles in the project. In particular, we will take the insights of the Rulebook for a Fair Data Economy and data product thinking into European-level co-operation. To strengthen the future prosperity and competitiveness in the Europe of the future, the rules for sharing data must be in place. Only then can data be shared reliably and fairly.
We expect you to have
• a strong track record and expertise in the operating conditions of the data economy in at least one of the following fields: business, legal, technology, society (“BLTS” = Business, Legal, Tech and Society) and a willingness to learn more about other fields
• insight into the data economy and its future potential and the ability to develop data sharing solutions at an architectural level
• an open and curious attitude to maturing technologies
• an ability to communicate clearly about technological strategies and options
• a proven track record of successful stakeholder work and working with international projects and networks
• an independent approach to work, organisational and project management skills
• fluently written and oral communications and performance skills as well as excellent interaction skills in English
• fluency in Finnish is regarded as an asset
• a positive attitude and ability to support your colleagues when necessary.
We offer you
• meaningful work and the opportunity to participate in one of Europe’s largest data economy projects
• a dynamic and ambitious team to support your expert work
• an opportunity to test your limits and grow in your position, especially at an international level
• a team with which you can work on a wide range of challenging specialist tasks
• fun colleagues who enjoy social debate
• an opportunity to help build a better future.
If you recognised yourself from this description and are interested in the position, please submit your application and CV as soon as possible, by 26 December 2022 at the latest, using our application form.
We accept applications in Finnish and English. The position starts as soon as possible, subject to agreement.
For further information, please contact Project Director Anssi Komulainen by phone on Thursday, 8 December and on Tuesday 13 December from 13.00 – 14.00, tel. +358 400 129 524.
Apply between 1 December 2022 and 26 December 2022 23:59 (Europe/Helsinki)