Wanted: EU Green Deal Expert
Ecological and economic reconstruction is a matter of urgency. We at Sitra want to develop and apply sustainable solutions together with our domestic and international partners and export them to the global arena. We have been working on the circular economy, climate solutions and a sustainable everyday producing world-class information and tools. In the future we will increasingly focus also on biodiversity issues. The European Green Deal is a natural framework to develop, pilot and scale-up these solutions.
We are now looking for a
for fixed-term employment until the end of 2022 to be based in Helsinki but with readiness to travel to Brussels.
Your task will be to lead Sitra’s work on the EU Green Deal in co-operation with the Project Director and as part of a team of approx. 35 sustainability, climate change, biodiversity, and circular economy experts. Your duties and responsibilities would contain the following elements:
- Lead Sitra’s work on building a network for long term partnerships and stakeholder identification. Formulate and present our ideas effectively in the context of EU GD decision making and implementation.
- Follow and anticipate the progress of the EU GD as well as form and maintain a situational picture on the issues relevant for Sitra. Serve as a link between Sitra’s strategy and our work on EU GD. Develop Sitra’s ways of working on EU affairs.
- Organise access to critical information channels and exchange measures for all Sitra’s teams working with EU GD related matters; and help plan and implement our projects in a coherent and timely manner, with the relevant partners and target the relevant stakeholder groups.
- In close collaboration with Sitra’s experts and communications team identify, articulate, and promote our ideas, disruptive policy interventions and scalable solutions as inputs for an ambitious EU GD.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the EU or EU influence-oriented agencies with hands-on experience with EU decision making processes.
- Experience with the structures and practices of EU related decision-making in Finland is considered as a bonus.
- Solid understanding of EU GD related policies, especially regarding climate ambition, biodiversity, the circular economy and finance. Proven track-record of impactful work on advancing at least some these matters within the EU decision making context.
- Strong and effective communication skills, both written and verbal, with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Spoken and written proficiency in English and in Finnish (independent user of French is a bonus).
- Master’s degree from relevant field.
What we offer you
We offer you an enthusiastic work community of professionals, diverse and ambitious tasks that aim to make a change, interesting co-operation possibilities and the opportunity to take part in building a sustainable future.
Complete the application by 26 October 2020 at the latest. Please note that we may already start interviewing candidates during the application period. Employment may start 1.1.2021 or as agreed.
For further information, contact Mika Sulkinoja: email@example.com or by phone on Friday 16 October from 13 noon to 3 p.m. and on Wednesday 21 October from 13 noon to 3 p.m., tel. +358 50 357 1723.