GetPersonalized! Summit in Helsinki
GetPersonalized! summit was a high-profile and invite-only event about personalised healthcare and the new era of healthcare.
In the last week of May the Ruoholahti district in Helsinki turned into a meeting hub for hundreds of international investors, growth entrepreneurs, public decision-makers and corporate representatives. Many of them have growing interest in the healthcare sector.
Beside the Digital Health track at Arctic15 conference, the GetPersonalized! summit was held at the High Tech Center in Ruoholahti, Helsinki on May 25. The summit covered such themes as digital health, genomic revolution and innovations in the health and life sciences. Invitees included selected representatives from the public sector, healthcare and pharmaceutical industries and research.
11:00 Registration and lunch starts
Session 1: Roadmap towards personalised healthcare
12:30 Health Data & Innovation Ecosystem in Life Sciences: Future Steps on a National Level, Antti Kivelä, Director, Sitra View slides
12:45 International keynotes and industry perspectives
- Pharma’s perspective on the future, Claudia Karnbach, Head, Global Business Development and Licensing, Specialty Medicine, Bayer Healthcare Pharmaceuticals (USA, New York) View video/slides
- Digital health can improve the lives of people with diabetes, Anders Weilandt, CEO of Diabetes Tools & Åsa Wallin, Head Nurse of the Diabetes Unit at Astrid Lindgrens Children’s Hospital, Karolinska University Hospital (Sweden) View video/slides
13:45 Health technology and pharmaceutical research as the cornerstone of growth in Finland, Mikko Alkio, Attorney-at-law, Former State Secretary in the Ministry of Employment and the Economy (Finland) View video/slides
14:00 Roadmap towards personalized healthcare
Case examples from Finland and other countries:
- Building Finland’s National Genome strategy, Liisa-Maria Voipio-Pulkki, The Ministry of Social Affairs and Health (Finland) View video/slides
- Estonian approach – from biobanking to precision medicine, Andres Metspalu, Director, Estonian Genome Center, (Estonia) View video/slides
- Your data, your choice, your healthbank, Reto Schegg, Chief Executive Officer & Mark Hummel, Chief Financial Officer, Healthbank (Switzerland) View video/slides
14:45 Coffee break
Session 2: Solutions and innovations
15:15 Solutions showcase
Innovative growth-companies presenting their solutions and products related to genomics and diagnostics (10-15 min each)
- Towards faster and more accurate diagnostics, Kalle Levon, FiDiPro Professor and CEO of Anzenna Inc. (Finland/USA) View video/slides
- Open 24/7 Virtual Clinic model, Jari Numminen, Service designer, The City of Hämeenlinna (Finland) View video/slides
- Early clinical cancer trial with personalized therapy: ODM-203 – Mika Mustonen, Orion, Head of Oncology Development View video
15:45 Panel discussion: Innovations in health and life sciences
The hottest trends in health and life sciences according to venture capitalists and R&D professionals. Chair: Juha Kere, Professor, Karolinska Institutet View video
- Tara Sharif, Healthcare and Life Science Investment Advisor, Westpark Capital Inc. (USA, New York)
- Katrien Swerts, Manager New Ventures, VIB (Belgium)
- Jonathan Knowles, Professor at FIMM, former Head of Group Research, Roche (Finland/Switzerland)
16:30 The Future of Digital Health
Video interview: Madis Tiik, Visiting Scholar & Donald Jones, Chief Digital Officer; The Scripps Translational Science Institute (USA) View video/slides and the original video interview.
Programme was hosted by Reidar Wasenius.
17:00-19:00 Cocktails & networking
Argentine and Finnish tango music played by trio Tres Fuego, Sibelius Academy