Sitra is a future oriented fund providing forecasts on phenomena that will affect our future. We develop and explore new solutions and carry out open-minded experimentation together with different operators. Our vision is for a fair, sustainable and inspiring future that ensures people’s well-being within the limits of the earth’s carrying capacity. Sitra’s strategy 2021–2024.
To strengthen the future prosperity and competitiveness in the Europe of the future, fair rules for data sharing must be in order. Gaia-X is a pan-European initiative to define a set of common rules and a federated data infrastructure to enable transparent, interoperable and secure data exchange and build common European data spaces to drive a new era of the digital economy. Within a six-month period, more than 300 companies and organisations have become involved in the designing Gaia-X.
Gaia-X Hub Finland, coordinated by Sitra, acts as the voice of Finnish companies and business ecosystems on a national level. The aim of the Gaia-X project is to promote Finnish business competitiveness in European data markets by increasing Finland’s presence and influence in creating European data spaces as well as in related decision-making.
Sitra is now looking for an experienced
Specialist in Data Architectures
to join our Gaia-X team.
This is a hands-on role where you will help multiple national domain groups define interoperable and federated solutions for data sharing. You will also engage in a dialogue with the wider developer community and shape the future Gaia-X reference architectures.
You will promote the adoption of the principles of a fair data economy in European data spaces. You are able to distinguish the most promising emerging technologies and envision how European data economy should be built upon them.
This is a fixed-term position until 30.6.2024, starting as soon as possible. The position is based in Helsinki with a chance to work remotely part of the time.
If you thrive in collaborative and passionate teams, are inspired by European values, and have experience in data sharing technologies, this is the role for you.
Who you are
- You have experience of data modelling and preferably hold a certificate in at least one cloud technology;
- You have a proven ability to design data architectures;
- You have convincing views on the data economy and its potential;
- You have an open and curious approach to maturing technologies;
- You can clearly communicate technology strategies and available choices;
- You are self-motivated, independent and dedicated, and ready to take on challenges that need solving;
- Ability to work in English is essential, fluency in Finnish would be an advantage.
We offer you
- An inspiring work community in an internationally recognised future-oriented agency where you can show initiative, responsibility and grow professionally
- The support of a multidisciplinary team and a department specialised in the fair data economy
- A chance to make a difference and be a part of one of the largest data economy projects in Europe
- Unique networking and collaboration opportunities
If you feel that this is the opening you’re looking for, please submit your application and salary request by 1 March 2022.
We accept applications in Finnish or English.
For more information, please contact Project Director Anssi Komulainen on Friday 18 February at 9–10:30, tel. +358 400 129 524 or MPS Consultant Sani Kaajas on Monday 28 February at 11–12:30 tel. +358 20 746 9453.