Call for pilot projects for the IHAN testbed
We are opening a call for pilot projects that tackle the challenges of data sharing and data standardising, to be tested on the IHAN® testbed. The call will be open from 25 March until further notice.
What is it about?
We are building a fair European data economy that focuses on ethically creating data-based products and services.
Fairness means that the rights of individuals are protected and the needs of all stakeholders are taken into account. Trust between individuals and organisations in digital services is built on ethically sound data stewardship based on the autonomy of the data subjects and the transparency of the data that is collected, managed, exchanged and shared.
What are we looking for?
We are seeking projects that are either already up and running or that are ready for a quick launch, to be tested on the IHAN testbed. An ideal pilot project candidate aims to tackle challenges related to data sharing and data standardisation.
The applicant can operate in any sector or field of industry. We are particularly seeking the kind of applicants who operate in co-operative networks that involve a number of different parties. Internationality is a major advantage, and the project documentation is produced in English.
Sitra will not directly fund the pilot projects, but will provide an open-source testbed free of charge for the use of the applicants for a fixed time period.
What do we expect from the applications?
The applications should meet the following evaluation criteria:
- The project should address an identified need for a novel service or application
- The execution of the project requires combining data from multiple sources
- The use of data is based on consent
- The project will not use any production material, business-critical or privacy-sensitive data
- The project will not save data to the testbed
- The project aims to increase data sharing and genuinely open standardisation
The right of ownership, all financial exploitation rights and other transferable intellectual property rights and rights of use, whether they can be protected or not, relating to the pilot project, are the exclusive property of the applicant and the applicant has the right to exploit and develop the pilot project.
The applicant is responsible for the accuracy of the given information and for ensuring that the material it provides does not infringe or misappropriate any third party’s rights.
Who can apply?
We accept applicants who may operate in the public, private or the third sector.
If the applicant is a company or otherwise engaged in an economic activity, it must be eligible for de minimis aid (Commission Regulation 1407/2013 on de minimis aid).
The applicant shall pay all the costs of the pilot project and the costs of the additional services.
How to apply
The call is open from 25 March until further notice.
Free-form applications should be submitted to Sitra using the email address email@example.com. Each application should include the following details:
- the name of the pilot project
- the use case or use cases the applicant believes would benefit from data sharing and would like to experiment with on the IHAN testbed
- the existing or potential pilot partners in the use case
- the key benefits the applicants seek from the experimentation
- the types of data and the data sources the applicant deems relevant for the use case
- the name, email address and the organisation of the contact person
Sitra will evaluate the project applications in the light of the selection criteria and will decide which projects it will fund. Sitra will inform the applicants whether they have been selected to engage in further discussions. The applications will be handled on a first come, first served basis.
Further information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Processing of personal data
Any applicant participating in the call for applications is responsible for ensuring that they are entitled to disclose the personal data of the contact persons identified in the application form to Sitra for the purpose of implementing the project in accordance with the application.